ESL and Cross-cultural Communication
The Center has been a popular Kenan-Flagler resource for international students. We’ve helped students learn more about US business language, understand US conventions for public speaking and interviewing, and improve writing and speaking in English. We occasionally organize groups to help students practice conversational English. For more information on conversation groups and books useful to English as a Second Language (ESL) learners, contact Director Courtney Wright.
Job-Search and Visa Resources:
- The Vault Guide to the International MBA Job Search | Use your Onyen to gain access
- Abroad Planet | Community built by international students, for international students
- Cultural Vistas | Nonprofit exchange organization promoting global understanding and collaboration among individuals and institutions
- MyVisa Jobs Employer Sponsoring Visa Database | Database of employers who sponsor visas
- Entrepreneurship Guide for Immigrants and Refugees | There are additional obstacles for international students hoping to launch their business; this guide helps you navigate them
- Grad Siren | Industry leader for college students and recent graduates to get internships and entry-level jobs
- H1B Visa Sponsors Database | We grade companies to help H1B Holders make informed decisions
- International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) | Committed to fostering international understanding and impacting the development of young people through international exchange
- International Student | Leading online resource for international students around the world
- OPT Nation | Best OPT Jobs portal for F1 international students in the US
Additional University Resources:
Website created specifically for Kenan-Flagler MBA students: https://mbainternationalstudents.web.unc.edu/ The site contains incredibly helpful information about the school and local community.
The UNC Writing Center. In addition to face-to-face tutoring, the UNC Writing Center offers an online-tutor and has an English as a Second Language (ESL) professional on staff. They offer mini-courses, writing and speaking groups, and workshops.
UNC Global and the FedEx Global Education Center: provides programming and support for all global and international programs and scholars
UNC International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS): Provides a wide range of resources and support for international students, including Visa help, English language conversation groups, and more.